Monday, March 3, 2014

This week we bring the challenge: :Lanterns"

As I scrolled through the new Hobby Lobby not too far from where I live.  Well an hour to be exact but when it comes to craft stores some of us ladies will go the extra mile. 

There were so many displays of lanterns and different kinds and so I thought hey we should do a challenge of "Lanterns" so here we are. 
I love me a definition too!

lan·tern
ˈlantərn/
noun
noun: lantern; plural noun: lanterns
  1. 1.
    a lamp with a transparent case protecting the flame or electric bulb, and typically having a handle by which it can be carried or hung.
    "a paper lantern"
    • the light chamber at the top of a lighthouse.
    • short for magic lantern.
  2. 2.
    a square, curved, or polygonal structure on the top of a dome or a room, with the sides glazed or open, so as to admit light.
Origin
Middle English: from Old French lanterne, from Latin lanterna, from Greek lamptēr ‘torch, lamp,’ from lampein ‘to shine.’





at night
Weddings

Plants



Relay for Life Lanterns
Directions are on the right side bar!

_____________________________________________


3 comments:

abby j said...

Loved this week's challenge...my piece is on my blog at:
http://www.thevivere.blogspot.com

THanks!

Kim Prowse said...

Shel, Thank you for hosting Lanterns. I was late but managed to get something in. Linky and I had some issues. ha ah. But I can still be transported with the aviator.

peggy gatto said...

Interesting idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...